Part of our Company vision is to support those who are disabled and have limited access to healthcare resources, economic independence, and choices in their lives and occupations. We have found that these people, particularly in developing countries, also tend to be poor, disadvantaged, and marginalised within their communities.
We believe that we reap what we sow. To reflect something of our values, beliefs and purpose, we are committed to giving of our time, skills, knowledge, and profit, to benefit those who have less, particularly where disability is an issue.
Harrison Training has partners in Romania and Tanzania, with whom we collaborate, to provide practical and tangible support that impacts the daily lives of individuals affected by disability, and their caregivers.
- An access audit and advice on inclusive design – Hargita Christian Centre, Transylvania
- Provision of adaptive and medical equipment to initiate a Home Loans Scheme – Romania
- Provision of a Mountway Aquila bath lift to a children’s hospice in Braşov; and to a family caring for five of their children affected by Muscular Dystrophy
- Walking aids and wheelchairs
- Provision of equipment for an older persons home
- Advice on design and accessibility for the Eben Haezer Older Persons Home
- Participating in a conference for disabled people, those who work with them, and caregivers